Lintian: outdated-autotools-helper-file

Hi *,
I'm packaging gnome-translate (ITP #292909), and everything builds fine. A
lintian check on the .changes file throws:

E: gnome-translate source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.guess
2003-07-02
N:
N:   The referenced file has a time stamp older than year 2004 and the
N:   package does not build-depend on autotools-dev or automake and
N:   therefore apparently does not update it. This usually means that the
N:   source package will not work correctly on all currently released
N:   architectures.
N:
E: gnome-translate source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.sub 2003-07-04

What am I supposed to do? I believe that Build-Depending on autotools-dev |
automake is not sufficient, as it seems that those files won't be updated
anyways. Should I update them manually? This will introduce those changes in
the .diff.gz outside the debian/ dir (and, AFAICT, keeping only debian/ into
the .diff.gz is The Right Thing).

Any suggestion is very welcome.

Kindly,
David