Re: Long descriptions in RFS emails.

Ben Finney wrote:
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 08:37 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
A good policy except that I'd recommend you respond to at least
some of them to say *why* you think they're worth ignoring.
Those who take some time over the preparation of packages and show
some level of effort in at least applying the principles of the FAQ
deserve my support and as I have limited time, I therefore choose to
prioritise my support to those who take the time to do the work.

A reasonable position. Well, thanks for making your policies available
for reference by others, and for keeping them up to date.

And while Ben has a good point, I think there will be others who
respond to some of these newcomers.  I appreciate the policy
Neil has espoused and will likely point out to others that a
lurker like me expects them to consider it.  I do not sponsor
many packages, but before I seriously take a look at one I use
these 'best practices' from my fellow developers as a guideline.
Hopefully the newcomers will remember that there is no obligation
to become a sponsor and therefore it is in their best interest to
do the homework that makes it easier to look at their package.

Richard