Re: RFS: libthai 0.1.9-2 (updated package)

On Jan 31, 2008 11:19 AM, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep@linux.thai.net> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.1.9-2
> of my package "libthai".

A review:

Maybe libthai0/libthai-data shouldn't have any docs (README/TODO/etc)
in them since those are mostly automatically installed, instead it
should go in the -dev package and the -doc package.

Good to see you are using a symbols file, mole says you need different
symbols files for different arches:

http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=libthai0

I also note that the seedsymbols script indicates that some functions
have been removed, but the ABI has not been increased.

The -doc package installs stuff to /usr/share/doc/libthai0-doc,
shouldn't it be /usr/share/doc/libthai-doc?

Your shlibs says >= 0.1.7 but the max version in your symbols file is 0.1.6.

I'm not sure what the machine-readable copyright proposal says, but I
expected to see copies of the "this is GPL" blurbs from the source
code in debian/copyright

I don't see filenames in the Licence line in the copyright proposal.

I think there are supposed to be commas between the authors and each
author should have their own copyright years?

Why do you copy config.sub/guess in clean rather than in configure?

CFLAGS doesn't seem to be passed to configure?

Please rewrite the descriptions considering the audience for each of
them. libthai0/libthai-data will always be automatically installed,
libthai-dev will sometimes be automatically installed (build-dep) and
libthai-doc should be only installed by humans. libthai0/-data could
have a one-line description, the amount of info in the -dev and -doc
descriptions should reflect who will be looking for them.

Tip: $(MAKE) -C foo works too

--
bye,
pabs