Re: BSD licenses

"Gudjon I. Gudjonsson" <gudjon@gudjon.org> writes:

> Anyway, even if the licenses aren't long it would be easier if they
> were standardised with well documented relations to the other
> licenses. A single word may change the meaning of the license and it
> is difficult to know the consequenses.
>
> Perhaps the Debian mentor list is not the correct place to discuss
> it. Excuse me if I'm off topic and thanks for the help.

You may be interested in the on-going development of a
machine-parseable format for the ‘debian/copyright’ file
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat>, which has also
touched on the issue of discriminating between different “BSD-like”
licenses.

--
 \        “Laurie got offended that I used the word ‘puke’. But to me, |
  `\                 that's what her dinner tasted like.” —Jack Handey |