Re: RFS: wallpaper-tray (updated package)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:35, Guido Loupias <guidoloupias@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently at work so I can't make the changes right now, but I can
> answer your questions.

yeah, great :)

> 2008/11/23 Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>
>>
>> - how are you putting config.{sub,guess} into orig tarball?
>
> I did that because the step that copies the config.{sub,guess} in the rules

so you do it "by hand"? if so, maybe additional commands to
get-orig-source would be nice, together with all the other commands
you did for removal of files from the export

> file would fail because
> the config.{sub,guess} symlinks in the package pointed to the same files and
> cp would error with
> something like "/usr/share/misc/config.sub and config.sub are the same
> file".

since debian/rules clean is executed before than configure, those
files would be removed and then readded in configure, so the "cp"
problem should not occur.

> I wasn't sure what to do so I chose to just replace the symlinks with the
> files. Do you think removing
> the cp step from the rules or removing config.{sub,guess} from the package
> entirely would have been
> a better option?

No, but neither adding them "hiddenly"; please note that
get-orig-source target won't create the exact same tarball (except for
dates or other minor probs) you're proposing me; it might be better to
add any additional operations you did manually into that target, but
then you clearly need to state the needs for autotools-deb in
README.source, since to complete that target, the package needs to be
installed.

>> - did you send the manpage upstream?
>
> No I haven't. I will write a more proper manpage for upstream which will
> hopefully be in the next release.

That's great, thanks!

Regards,