Re: RFS: wallpaper-tray (updated package)

Hello Guido,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 18:26, Guido Loupias <guidoloupias@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guido Loupias schreef:
>> Alright. I will try to upload a -1 revision when I'm home.
>
> Revision uploaded. :)

  * Changes that have been applied upstream close bugs:
    (Closes: #412083: Changing the picture selection mode does not work)

does not communicate anything to the users; you should list it right
under new upstream release item, as a subitem, explaining what changes
applied upstream fix that bug

why you bump compat to 7 in debian/compat, and still leave "debhelper
(>= 5)"? better to have the same value for compat and versioned build
depends on debhelper

you added a lot of build-depends but there's not trace of this
addition in debian/changelog; please add every change to the changelog
(this applies to every other change you made and not listed in the
changelog).

why you added the docbook-to-man and commented it?

please merge all "rm -f" into dh_clean

can you remove some dh_* call in binary-arch? e.g. dh_installexamples
and dh_link are not needed

did you forward the manpage upstream?

you may want to use a "dversionmangle" to remove the "+svn7" and let
the watch file identify the right upstream version

you might want to clean up a bit the code you check out from svn repo,
like: .anjuta/, .settings/, $(find . -name "*.bak") and all other
files not needed

you may also fix the broken links for config.{guess,sub} ltmaint.sh,
but it's not strictly needed

Since you claim to respect policy 3.8.0, and you have a patch system
and a get-orig-source target, you need to write a debian/REAME.source
to describe how to obtain the upstream source and how the patches are
applied.

there are some lintian warning you want to fix:

$ lintian -I ../pbuilder/result/wallpaper-tray_0.5.5+svn7*changes
I: wallpaper-tray source: package-lacks-versioned-build-depends-on-debhelper 7
W: wallpaper-tray: maintainer-script-needs-depends-on-gconf2 postinst
W: wallpaper-tray: maintainer-script-needs-depends-on-gconf2 prerm
W: wallpaper-tray: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5

Fill free to ask in case of any question you have, and get back once
you've prepared the updated package.

Kindly,