Re: Average time to get an answer about package sponsoring

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:55:43 +0100
Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to know the average time to get an answer from the upload
> of the package on "mentors.debian.net" and an answer a mentor.

There is no guarantee. If your RFS catches the attention of a sponsor,
you'll get a response. Time is not a factor.

> After one month could i have any information about all errors i made
> in my package and anything else about ?
> Is this a normal time ?

It is merely a sign that no sponsor has found the package sufficiently
interesting to warrant investigating it - when compared to the problems
that you recognise in relation to Lenny:

> I know that the main priority for debian is to solve all release
> critical bug of Lenny. Sorry for this mail if you consider as noise.

Sponsors are volunteers - there are lots of pressures on available
time, many of which have nothing to do with the package concerned.

Some days, I admit, I do not have time to do more than flick through
the mail from mentors - due to pressures related to Lenny. Other days
(like today), I spend more time on each one but still lacking time to
actually begin a review.

--

Neil Williams