Re: Average time to get an answer about package sponsoring

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 21:55, Laurent Guignard
<lguignard.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know the average time to get an answer from the upload
> of the package on "mentors.debian.net" and an answer a mentor.

If you didn't send and email to this list, asking for a sponsor for
that package, you (most probably) won't receive any "follow up" at
all.

> After one month could i have any information about all errors i made in
> my package and anything else about ?
> Is this a normal time ?

No. Debian is based on volunteer work done by people in their free
time (both for DD and non-DD of course), so there is no expected
timing. It's easier to receive attention for updated/QA packages then
for new (to Debian) packages.

Personally, I tend to give more priority to QA uploads or updates for
packages already in Debian (since this improve the quality of the
distribution "as is") since the time to check a new package is usually
much more than the one available (and it's even boring!).

> I know that the main priority for debian is to solve all release
> critical bug of Lenny. Sorry for this mail if you consider as noise.

That's not noise, it's a correct request for information :)

If you don't get replies in 2 weeks, resend the RFS, you can have more
lucky that time :) and try to start from orphaned packages or the ones
in need for some "love" instead of packaging new tools

Kindly,