Re: RFS: cppcheck (3rd attempt)

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Robert Wohlrab <robert.wohlrab@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 November 2008 00:19:38 Reijo Tomperi wrote:
>> Sounds like a good advice, I will need to investigate that later. I'm
>> thinking about using git as it has pretty good support for branches.
> There are many projects using git-buildpackage.

Russ Allbery's website has a very good introductory article on using
git for managing Debian packaging.  You can read it at
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html.

The key thing to remember is that there are many workflows that you
can use to manage Debian packaging with VCS systems (some use bzr loom
to only maintain the debian/ directory in a single branch, for
instance).  Just find one that works for you.  I use git because
git-buildpackage is full-featured and because of git's extensive
branching support.

Cheers,
Daniel

--