Re: RFS: scid (updated package). Just check not upload.

On 2008-10-24 08:14 +0200, W. van den Akker wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.6.26-1
> of my package "scid".
>
> But before this can be uploaded I have to wait for a orphan confirmation
> from QA. This will be the end of next week.
> Before that time I would appreciate it if somebody would check the package
> on errors or give me some other tips to improve it and make the package
> ready to upload if I get the green light.
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> scid       - chess database

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scid/scid_3.6.26-1.dsc
>
> I would be glad if someone can check this package for me.

Some comments:

- Consider adding a debian/watch file and a Homepage field to
  debian/control.

- Scid is not exactly a game, so I think the executables should go to
  /usr/bin (as they do currently), not /usr/games.

- It seems that texlive-games supersedes the tex-chess package, so it
  would be good to suggest texlive-games | tex-chess rather than only
  the latter.  (Note who is listed as the maintainer of tex-chess, BTW.)

- You're suggesting phalanx, does analysis with phalanx work now?  If
  so, you should close bug #107658 with the upload.

Good luck in finding a sponsor!  I would very much love to see scid
updated in Debian.

Cheers,
       Sven