Re: Upgrade build process to build multiple packages

Nico Golde wrote...

> Did you see http://wiki.debian.org/PkgSplit?

Not until now, and now I'm scared. This is obviously the worst way to do
it. An older article linked from there is
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/04/msg00346.html which
describes my impression and gave the right hint for the solution:

         # Add here commands to install the package into debian/#package#.
-        $(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/#package# install
+        $(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp install
+        dh_install --sourcedir=debian/tmp

works very well if .install files exist for each package and ./Makefile
takes care of directory creation.

Asserting each file in debian/tmp is referenced exactly one time is left
as an exercise to the reader.

    Christoph