Re: evolution-remove-attachments package review

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Rex Tsai <chihchun@kalug.linux.org.tw> wrote:

>  Well, the behavior is designed for purpose. I have many business
> emails with large  attachments, and I like to keep the emails for record
> without the attachments. So, the plugin would not actually delete it but
> replace a messages recorded that was a attachment. What I can do is to
> put one more menu item as "purge attachments"

That would be good, thanks.

>> A wishlist item: I'd like to be able to delete specific attachments,
>> some messages can have more than one attachment but I don't want to
>> delete all of them.
>
>  The whishlist item could be done, I suppose. I will look into it.

Cool

>> I think it would be great if your plugin could be merged into upstream
>> evolution for evolution 2.26 so everyone has it. I'll be happy to upload
>> it to Debian in the meantime though.
>
>  Yes, it would be great. I submited a bug report[1] on gnome.org. I
> also talked to Sankar P <psankar at novell dot com> on #evolution irc
> channel, and psankar told me if the code need to get into svn, I need to
> reassign the copyright to Novel. Which stop me to have the code in
> upstream's svn repository. (even though I found not reason to keep the
> copyright)

They have dropped this requirement now, so you can add it upstream now:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-July/msg00065.html

>> The packaging seems specific to evolution 2.22 (version numbers in
>> paths, conflicts against other versions), I think it would be good to
>> future-proof it since evolution 2.24 has been released and hopefully
>> will be in experimental soon (#). If that isn't possible, your
>> build-dependencies will need to be tightened to require evo 2.22.
>
>  I will test it when 2.24 is available in experimental.

Thanks

>> There is no homepage in debian/control and there is a related valid
>> lintian -I warning:
>>
>> I: evolution-remove-attachments source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
>
>  Since it's a little plugin, I did not set up a home page for it.
> Should I get it? :-)

It would be nice to have but isn't essential.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise