Re: Updated vsftpd (RC bug fix, QA upload)

Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> writes:

> I have uploaded it to mentors.debian.org. I hope that I have not
> introduced any bugs in the interim. Any comments about my changes are
> also very welcome.

I'm happy to sponsor this upload since I use vsftpd.  However, this change
is extraneous:

  * debian/patches/*: refreshed all patches.

and IMO actually made the diffs worse by introducing unnecessary leading
junk.  This change would also probably rule out acceptance by
debian-release because it makes the diff too hard to review.

  * debian/control: Build-Depends on libcap2-dev. Closes: #492763

is not a good change to make at this stage in the release cycle.  lenny
will release with libcap1, so this can be fixed in the next release, and
it runs a relatively high risk of introducing new, subtle problems.

Also, these changes:

  * debian/patches/fix-nroff-warnings.patch: fix nroff warnings on manpages.
    (lintian warning)
  * debian/patches/manpage-debianization.patch: remove changes from .diff.gz.
    (lintian warning)

while reasonable are I think inappropriate at this stage of the release
cycle and also make it harder to audit the debdiff, plus looking at the
diffs they're broken (you have the same block in both diffs).

Please re-upload without those changes and I'll be happy to upload this
NMU given that the maintainer is listed in LowNMU.