Re: RFS: quickplay

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 17:20 +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 09:57:09AM -0500, Charliej wrote:
> > I have been thinking about this quite a bit, and you are absolutely
> > correct.  Upstreams documentation is sourly lacking. I asked myself the
> > question "If I was the end user would I use something so poorly
> > documented" and of course the answer was no.  So I have decided to take
> > quickplay down from m.d.n for now.  I will keep the ITP bug open as I
> > will be working with upstream to improve on the short comings you have
> > expressed above and resubmit at a later date.
>
> okay. I wouldn't say that I'm glad or that it was my intension to let
> you choice your decision in this way, but I am happy that I brought you
> to *think* about this point.
>
> Feel free to CC me, when you've got a package that you feel to be ready for
> inclusion. I will gladly have a look at it then, if I find the time.
>
> Best Regards,
> Patrick

This is my first time to package a python app with cdbs, so yes I was
focused on the technical aspects of the package and overlooked parts of
the administrative aspect (informative documentation).  The current
state of quickplays documentation IMHO would not provide for an
enjoyable end user experience and needs to be improved.  So might as
well correct it now before we get any further in the process =).

Thank you for the offer.  I will hopefully take you up on it in the near
future =)

Charlie