Re: RFS: flashblock -- mozilla extension that replaces flash

Philippe Coval <rzr@users.sf.net> writes:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "flashblock".

Thanks for this ITP (bug#469906), I use the Flashblock plugin and find
it very neat and useful.

> It builds these binary packages:
> flashblock - mozilla extension that replaces flash plugin by a button

Please name the package as 'iceweasel-flashblock' (and/or
'iceape-flashblock'), to be consistent with many of the other
IceWeasel plugin packages in Debian.

The synopsis could stand to be a little clearer. It doesn't replace
the Flash plug-in, it replaces elements in web pages; and "replaces …
with a button" doesn't sound very useful. Also, we're not allowed to
use the Mozilla branding, so it would be best not to mention that in
the package description.

I'd suggest:

    web browser add-on that blocks playing each Flash object until clicked

Perhaps someone else can suggest a more snappy synopsis that still
retains accuracy.

--
 \       “About four years ago, I was — no, it was yesterday.” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |