Re: RFS: joystick (updated package)

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 01:25:47AM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 20051019-3
> of the package "joystick", which I'd like to adopt (it's been orphaned since
> February, and last had a maintainer upload in October 2005).
[snip]
> The upload would fix these bugs: 144768, 338139, 419342, 444142, 465928; in
> particular 338139 is annoying for Lenny since it can lead to warnings when
> switching to a dependency-based boot.

Thanks for picking this up and for your work on it.  Just a few comments:

  0 - There's a priority mismatch, you should change it to extra to
  match the override file.
  1 - You should move to a newer debhelper version, v4 is really old at
  this point.
  2 - It doesn't look like it'd take too much to accomodate #475049 --
  just a quick change and the writing of a short manpage.  See if you
  can do this.
  3 - It seems to me that some of the patches currently in
  debian/patches went upstream a while ago.  It might be worthwhile
  packaging a newer CVS snapshot and using that.
  4 - Also, it would be better to forward these patches to upstream (if
  they're still alive).

Otherwise, it looks good and if you fix 0,1,2 I'd be happy to sponsor it.

--Joe