Re: RFS: joystick (updated package)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:04:41 +0000, Joe Nahmias <jello@debian.org> wrote:
> Thanks for picking this up and for your work on it.  Just a few comments:
>
>   0 - There's a priority mismatch, you should change it to extra to
>   match the override file.
>   1 - You should move to a newer debhelper version, v4 is really old at
>   this point.

Thanks for the suggestions! These are easy enough...

>   2 - It doesn't look like it'd take too much to accomodate #475049 --
>   just a quick change and the writing of a short manpage.  See if you
>   can do this.

I thought about handling this one as well, but evtest is also shipped in
lineakd (with a manpage), so adding it would require some coordination. I
suppose I could just add a "Conflicts:" and see if anyone complains, but it
seems a bit late in the game to get this particular change done correctly and
still have an updated package in Lenny, doesn't it?

>   3 - It seems to me that some of the patches currently in
>   debian/patches went upstream a while ago.  It might be worthwhile
>   packaging a newer CVS snapshot and using that.

The last CVS update was to inputattach.c, on February 8 2006; apart from that
there had been no changes since April 22 2005. The version of inputattach.c
used in my updated package is taken from
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/dtor/inputattach.c rather than
upstream CVS (the version used includes all the changes in the last CVS
update).

>   4 - Also, it would be better to forward these patches to upstream (if
>   they're still alive).

As far as I can determine there is no upstream now... I'll try contacting
Vojtech Pavlik anyway, he's still active on LKML.

> Otherwise, it looks good and if you fix 0,1,2 I'd be happy to sponsor it.

Thanks! I'll upload a new version with 0 and 1 fixed as well as Ben's updated
short description.

Regards,

Stephen