Re: RFS: mozvoikko - Finnish spell-checker extension for Iceweasel and Icedove

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 08:46:49PM +0300, Heikki Mäntysaari wrote:
> 2008/7/1 Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>:
> >
> > Have you considered just putting the lib in the two packages and just
> > don't build "mozvoikko"? (They have separate extension dirs anyway?)
> >

> Thanks for your feedback!
>
> I decided to build 3 different packages because Icedove and Iceweasel
> can use same extension files. But maybe you are right, my packaging
> might be a bit confusing. And it may not be too ugly solution to
> install same little files in two different dirs (if user installs
> mozvoikko for both Iceweasel and Icedove)?
>
> I try upload a new version this week.

Just generate one package, with symlinks in the proper directories. Take
a look at packages such as livehttpheaders or venkman.

Note that in the future, there will be a canonical place for extensions:
/usr/share/mozilla/extensions.

Mike