RFS: scid (was scid2)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.6.24-1.1
of my package "scid".

It builds these binary packages:
scid       - chess database

The upload would fix these bugs: 465788, 487771

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/scid/scid_3.6.24-1.1.dsc

Kind regards
 W. van den akker

This packages was previosly uploaded as scid2. But after contacting the
upstream maintainer I decided to rename it to its original name scid.

These are the comments I got on the scid2 package. Which has all been fixed.

On Monday 30 June 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:
> I am not a DD and so cannot sponsor your package , but I have some
> comments.
>
> On 2008-06-30 21:47 +0200, W. van den Akker wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "scid2".
>
> What are its exact relationships to the scid package that already is in
> Debian?  You seem to share a few files with it, and I'm not convinced
> that it really makes sense to have both installed.  E.g. after
> installing and removing scid2 I had to reinstall scid to get its
> manpages back.

I have contacted the origin maintainer and we agreed I would do the
maintenance of this package.

> > The upload would fix these bugs: 465788
>
> Uhm, really?  Your upload does not fix the scid package.

I renamed the scid2 package to scid because its in fact a continuation
of the scid package.
I remove the scid2 package from the mentors site and replaced it with
scid.

> > This package has 2 warnings in it.
> > - scid2 source: changelog-should-mention-nmu (I placed NMU in the
> > changelog)
>
> Why did you do that?  Don't you want to be the maintainer?  If not you,
> who else should it be?!
>
> > - scid2 source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 3.6.24-1
> > These 2 I cant get rid off. Someone any hints?
>
> Yes, remove that NMU entry.  But I noticed a few other problems:

Done

> > dpkg-source: warning: file scid2-3.6.24/debian/dirs has no final newline
> > (either original or modified version)
>
> Please add the missing newline.
>
> > W: scid2: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/scid2/COPYING.gz
>
> Don't install that file.

Done

> > W: scid2: maintainer-script-empty preinst
>
> Remove the preinst, it does nothing.

Done

> > E: scid2: bad-test-in-menu-item /usr/share/menu/scid2:6
>
> Apparently a backslash is missing at the end of line 5.

Fixed

believed to be clean.