Re: Some license issues (Was Re: RFS: unionfs-fuse)

Hello,

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> > > PS: I didn't try to upload the package for several months, since I was
> > > all the time afraid of the formalisms like these.
> >
> > I hope that this response has been encouraging rather than otherwise.
>
> Well, yes and no ;) For this package all of this is still ok, since the
> package is rather small. Your help and efforts are great and very
> appreciated, of course!
> On the other we (q-leap) also have our own debian ofed packages and actually
> we also want to upload these. But compared to unionfs-fuse ofed-1.3 is huge
> (38 packages) and I'm really scared of the debian-upload process.

Since I do mathematical research I compare this process to that.

The most enjoyable part is to do the mathematics. Then there is the
part of actually writing the paper and getting it ready for public
consumption (with the interference^Wassistance of referees).

However, the great thing is that once the second step is over, it
becomes possible for other people to pick up the baton.

Best wishes for your larger package set.

Regards,

Kapil.