Re: Some license issues (Was Re: RFS: unionfs-fuse)

Hello Kapil,

thanks again for your help!

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mentors with some experience ith license issues may want to chip in
> here!
>
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> > >  - Please comply with section 4.2 of the Maintainer's guide
> >
> > I tried my best to fulfill these reqirements
> >
> > dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_0.
> >20-2.dsc
>
> The general consensus is that the debian/copyright file should
> contain details about the copyright for each file that is included
> not just the "primary" files.
>
> I have enclosed a sample "debian/copyright" file for your package.
> You might wish to edit it before including it.

Thanks at lot! I modified a bit following the wiki page Richard posted
(http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat#head-133d3ff18d9a3119d48e96f0c8aca4a37391769f).
In detail I changed License to "other". From the wiki page it not clear to me
if it ok to have the license at the end of the file. All examples there have
the license text directly below the "License" field. I also removed the
"Authors" field, since it does not exist on the wiki page.

License: other
 The complete text of this license can be found at the end of this file
 in the paragraph "Modified BSD 3-Clause"

> Another point is that I am not very clear on the compatability of the
> CPL license (used in elfhash*) with the BSD code. It _seems_ to be OK
> and so I would upload your package, but it would be nice if you have a
> reference (URL or e-mail) readily available to clarify this.

Fixed now, by rewriting the elfhash function.

I just uploaded another version:
dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_0.20-3.dsc

Thanks,
Bernd

PS: I didn't try to upload the package for several months, since I was all the
time afraid of the formalisms like these.