Re: RFS: unionfs-fuse

Hallo Kapil,

thanks for your help.

On Saturday 21 June 2008, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "unionfs-fuse".
> >
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_0.
> >9.20-2.dsc
>
> This should have been:
>  -
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_20-1
>.dsc

sorry my fault. On Friday evening after my first upload I noticed the version
string was wrong (I created the first internally used package back in last
September and till Friday evening never noticed the wrong version string).

> The copyright file is buggy:
>  - it contains multiple versions of the same lines

Fixed. The generation from copyright.in was bogus.

>  - it contains the complete BSD licence instead of refering to
>    common-licenses

Well, this is a problem. In /usr/share/common-licenses/BSD the first line is

Copyright (c) The Regents of the University of California.
All rights reserved.

I don't see why the University of California should have any rights to the
code. Well, actually they have the right to two of the files we took over
from BSD, but certainly not to all the others.
Both licenses are almost identical, but common-licenses/BSD specifically
is about the *university* license, while ours refers to the real authors.

>  - Please comply with section 4.2 of the Maintainer's guide

I tried my best to fulfill these reqirements

> There is no watch file

Thanks, added.

> Is there any chance that unionfs-tools can be used to manage these
> unionfs-fuse file systems?

No, and I doubt it ever will be. We are presently dicussing the optimal way to
implement a control interface, but I don't think there is even the slightest
chance it will be compatible with the in-kernel unionfs.

I just uploaded a new version:
dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/unionfs-fuse/unionfs-fuse_0.20-2.dsc

Thanks,
Bernd