Re: RFS: syx

2008/6/25 Luca Bruno <lethalman88@gmail.com>:
>> rm -rf doc/reference/{html,latex,rtf,xml}
>> mkdir doc/reference/html
>> mkdir: cannot create directory `doc/reference/html': File exists
>> make: *** [clean] Error 1
>>

> How is it possible? The doc/reference/html is deleted just before doing mkdir. It doesn't happen here to me.
> I could put mkdir -p but it's very strange though.

I assume that

rm -rf doc/reference/{html,latex,rtf,xml}

is a bashism, as replacing it with

	rm -rf doc/reference/html
	rm -rf doc/reference/latex
	rm -rf doc/reference/rtf
	rm -rf doc/reference/xml

sorts at least that out.

You should build the package in a pbuilder. There is quite a good
explanation[1]. Having set things up, I build the package with

sudo DIST=sid pdebuild

which with the above change now FTBFS with:

/tmp/buildd/syx-0.1.7/missing: line 54: makeinfo: command not found
WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file
         indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.  The spurious
         call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX,
         DU, IRIX).  You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or
         the `GNU make' package.  Grab either from any GNU archive site.
make[2]: *** [manual/syx.html] Error 1

which probably means that you should add Texinfo to the build-depends.

> I updated the -1 package instead of uploading -2 or -3. A developer suggested me that.
> Should I clean the changelog or should I create new versions?

The first version uploaded to Debian should be -1. The changelog
should contain packaging changes to the previous version, plus any
bugs closed, so the only line necessary should be

  * Initial release (Closes: #457782)

Regards

Jeff

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto