Re: RFS: syx

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:36:09 +0200
"Jeffrey Ratcliffe" <jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume that
>
> rm -rf doc/reference/{html,latex,rtf,xml}
>
> is a bashism, as replacing it with
>
> 	rm -rf doc/reference/html
> 	rm -rf doc/reference/latex
> 	rm -rf doc/reference/rtf
> 	rm -rf doc/reference/xml
>
> sorts at least that out.

Done.

> You should build the package in a pbuilder. There is quite a good
> explanation[1]. Having set things up, I build the package with
>
> sudo DIST=sid pdebuild

Thanks for the hint. I'm beginning using that.

> which with the above change now FTBFS with:
>
> /tmp/buildd/syx-0.1.7/missing: line 54: makeinfo: command not found
> WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
>          you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file
>          indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.  The spurious
>          call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX,
>          DU, IRIX).  You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or
>          the `GNU make' package.  Grab either from any GNU archive site.
> make[2]: *** [manual/syx.html] Error 1
>
> which probably means that you should add Texinfo to the build-depends.

I've added texinfo and texlive. Texlive is needed for texi2dvi which can't run without it.

> > I updated the -1 package instead of uploading -2 or -3. A developer suggested me that.
> > Should I clean the changelog or should I create new versions?
>
> The first version uploaded to Debian should be -1. The changelog
> should contain packaging changes to the previous version, plus any
> bugs closed, so the only line necessary should be
>
>   * Initial release (Closes: #457782)
>
> Regards

I uploaded the -1 version again and removed the further changelog entries.

Thanks very much.

- --
http://syx.googlecode.com - Smalltalk YX
http://lethalman.blogspot.com - Thoughts about computer technologies