Re: Fwd: Issue 126 in scim-python: license issue about pinyin_table.txt

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 06:41:37PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> If there are binary packages which build solely from LGPL sources (they
> do not use any GPL-only sources), those packages can be licensed as
> LGPL.

Sorry for replying to my own mail, but I was writing confusing things.
:-)

The packages aren't licensed as a whole, they are, like tarballs,
aggregations of files which may have different licenses.  I was really
talking about files when I wrote packages.  There is no problem to have
a binary package which includes both GPL and LGPL files.

Of course it should all be documented in debian/copyright. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html