Re: RFS: arping (updated package - ITA)

Cyril Brulebois ha scritto:
> You then need to use version mangling in your debian/watch file. Check
> for dversionmangle in uscan(1). BTW, you're still using “version=2”
> while current version is 3.

I modified debian/watch :

version=3
opts=dversionmangle=s/\~// \
 ftp://ftp.habets.pp.se/pub/synscan/arping-(.*)\.tar\.gz

It seems to be correct now.

> debian/changelog:
>  - You close #210992 in the “New upstream release” entry. While this is
>    strictly speaking correct, it might be nice to specify that this
>    isn't just closing a “please package new upstream release” bug, but a
>    “real” bug. You might use something like:
> |  * New upstream release. libnet is now initialized correctly, which fixes
> |    the segmentation fault on imbecile user input (Closes: #210992).

Done.

>  - You might want to thank the previous maintainer for his former
>    contribution in your “closing ITA” entry, but that's really your
>    call. :)

Done :)

>  - You rewrote debian/rules. OK. But that'd be nice to say why it fixes
>    #436472 (e.g. “now handles nostrip build option”).

Done.

>  - When you added the debhelper compat level, did you make sure that
>    nothing had to be adapted from the previous behaviour, as it's
>    documented in “Debhelper compatibility levels” from debhelper(7)? I
>    know arping is quite a tiny package, but still, there could be some
>    surprizes.

I did it, I think nothing had to be adapted from the previous behaviour.

>  - Did you forward the manpage fix upstream?

Done.

>    While you're at it, there's
>    another one to fix (with some occurrences), namely:
>    I: arping: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man8/arping.8.gz
>    You have to run lintian with e.g. -iI to have it displayed, as it's
>    only an I:, not a W: or E:.

Done.

>  - You could add your address in debian/copyright, 3rd line. You could
>    also use © instead of (C). The following would be sufficient:
>    “Copyright: © 2000-2003 Thomas Habets <thomas@habets.pp.se>”
>    You could ask upstream to add license headers to *.h, and probably to
>    update the copyright years in arping-2/arping.c at least. And while
>    we're at it, the FSF address is outdated. (licensecheck -r . is your
>    friend, by the way.)

Done.

>    Ah, and you may also want to specify a license
>    for the Debian packaging. Usually, “The Debian packaging is licensed
>    under the same terms and is: © $years $you” is seen.

Done.

>  - During the build, I've noticed the -I targeting /usr/local. I guess
>    it could possibly break the build under some circumstances (when
>    having incompatible versions of the libraries under /usr/local), so
>    you may want to strip those locations from the -I/-L flags.

I removed use of local/ in CFLAGS2

> I think that's all for now. :)
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.