Re: RFS: randtype (updated package)

OoO En ce début d'après-midi nuageux du samedi 21 juin 2008, vers 14:08,
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> disait :

>> Moreover, you  might want  to fix  the manpage for  the "hyphen  used as
>> minus sign" lintian warning.
> Probably, lintian is right. But, upstream ships man page gzipped... So, patching man page
> will require unpack it, make several sed expressions (or duplicate right man in debian/
> dir), say dh_installman explicitly use patched man page instead of original one... IMHO,
> this minor warning doesn't cost these manipulations... Though, If you claim that this is a
> significant, I'll fix it (may be, you know less expensive way to patch
> it?).

You can use some shell magic:
 gunzip blah.1.gz
 sed -i 's/\B-/\\-/g' blah.1
 [...]
 dh_installman blah.1

You should of course check that sed is really doing its job.
--
BOFH excuse #122:
because Bill Gates is a Jehovah's witness and so nothing can work on St. Swithin's day.