Re: RFS: gvb

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Pietro Battiston <toobaz@email.it> wrote:

> After writing this, I found a wonderful FAQ saying I should add
> informations to make the package interesting, so I'm answering to myself.
>
> Pietro Battiston ha scritto:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gvb".

I've looked at your package. Some remarks:

* setup.py has version 1.0, that's a bug, isn't it?
* I am getting this lintian warning:
W: gvb source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.7.3 (current is 3.8.0)
so you should check
/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz and upgrade
* please don't put stuff to .diff.gz file except the debian dir,
create patches in debian/patches, see e.g:

http://wiki.debian.org/HolgerLevsen#head-56c43c4666e0444f2f030b30de03d9349269567d

how to work with patches easily

Apart from that, it's starting to look good.

Ondrej