Re: RFS: fbreader (updated package)

2008/6/13 Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org>:
You should use a patch management system. This is easier to track change
this way. To delete lines from  .desktop file, you could also use sed if
you prefer to  not clutter your package with  one-liner patch (but patch
is easier to read and to export).
Now package uses quilt.

I think  that long  description in debian/control  are too  short. After
reading them, I wonder what "zlibrary core" is.
Enhanced description a bit.

You  may   want  to   use  dh_link  to   add  symbolic  links   to  your
package.
dh_link works on either one or all binary packages, my situation is only the last binary package 'fbreader'. Thanks for idea, though.

Moreover, I  think that the trick that you added  at the end of
debian/rules to satisfy lintian is not needed anymore.
Done.

At least,  the package  does not  seem to compile  in a  freshly updated
pbuilder:
As I see, bug related to libcairo2 has been fixed, and now fbreader is successfully build in by pbuilder.

Here is the package: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fbreader/fbreader_0.8.17-10.dsc

One more question about quilt: dpkg-buildpackage stands that fbreader source is 1.0 source package. Should I correct it to be 3.0-quilt? If yes, how can I do it? I haven't found any info about it in policy and devreference.

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin,
C++ developer, Ukraine.