Re: gts library / version numbering & watch file

OoO En  cette fin  de nuit blanche  du mardi  03 juin 2008,  vers 06:22,
Ruben Molina <rmolina@udea.edu.co> disait:

> For this package, I used gts-0.7.6.20080513, where 2008-05-13 is the
> date of the snapshot. Is this ok? or should I package it as gts-snapshot
> like used by upstream?

This seems  fine. If upstream upgrade  its version number  to 0.7.7, you
should switch to 0.7.7~20080513 (which  is less than 0.7.7 which will be
released later). If  it is an svn snapshot,  you could say 0.7.6+svn7842
where 7842 is the revision number.  You can adapt this to other VCS (for
git, only part of the commit hash is used).

> In both cases, I don't know how can I create a debian/watch for this
> situation. Upstream tarball is named gts-snapshot.tar.gz. No version
> information is given in filename. Any suggestion?

I think that you should not include a debian/watch then.
--
BOFH excuse #319:
Your computer hasn't been returning all the bits it gets from the Internet.