Re: RFS: poco and poco-doc (updated packages) [3rd try]

2008/5/22 Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org>:
> I did not check if it is a requirement, but debug version of library are
> usually suffixed by "-dbg".   For example libpocoxml5-dbg.  Is there any
> difference between the debug and  non debug versions apart from stripped
> symbols?   If there  is no  other difference,  you might  prefer  to use
> dh_strip to generate debug version  of your packages.  This will install
> debug symbols in /usr/lib/debug like most dbg packages.

"d" suffix in debug library names is POCO convention, I would like to
keep this, as those libraries are not just unstripped version of non
"d" libraries. Also most people uses library name with "d" suffix when
want to link against debug version.

> In  debian/changelog, why  did  you set  urgency=high?  You should  also
> acknowledge NMU.

Low is OK, I have no explanation for high, so I changed this. NMU is
also acknowledged now.

> Since  you are  removing non-free  stuff from  orig tarball,  you should
> either explain in README.Debian-source how  to get the dfsg tarball from
> the orig tarball or add a get-orig-source in debian/rules.

README.Debian-source added. Change is tinny. Only one directory
contains examples with NDA notice. Those files were removed.

> You can remove the CFLAGS settings  in debian/rules. This is now done by
> dpkg-buildpackage.

Done.

> Your debian/watch needs some mangling:
> Newest version on remote site is 1.3.2, local version is 1.3.2+dfsg1
>  => remote site does not even have current version
> Look at dmangleversion flag to correct this.

Done.

There are also a build-dep change. After a small review I decided to
replace iODBC with unixODBC.

Fixed package:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/poco/poco_1.3.2+dfsg1-1.dsc

Regards,