Re: RFS: lockrun

Hi there,

Noah Slater wrote:

> Would you mind taking another look at this package following these
> changes?

debian/copyright:
> Debianized-By: Noah Slater <nslater@bytesexual.org>
> Debianized-Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:58:05 +0000

You should read the wiki page again now, those have a different name now.

> License: PD
>  In the public domain.
>
> License: GAP
>  Copying and distribution of this package, with or without modification,
are
>  permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and
this
>  notice are preserved.

I am not an expert in this, but AFAIK those shouldn't be in separate lines.

Example:

> Files: debian/*
> Copyright: Copyright 2008, Noah Slater <nslater@bytesexual.org>
> License: GAP
>  Copying and distribution of this package, with or without modification,
are
>  permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and
this
>  notice are preserved.

debian/patches/command-option.patch:
> -               else if ( STRMATCH(arg, "-T") ||
STRMATCH(arg, "--maxtime"))
> +               else if ( STRMATCH(arg, "-t") ||
STRMATCH(arg, "--maxtime"))

Is this really needed? I don't think you should be so intrusive. Unless, of
course, upstream agrees to make that change and does it at upstream too.

debian/rules:
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/buildcore.mk
That line is useless, as including debhelper.mk already takes care of that.
If you include that file before debhelper.mk, not all parts of debhelper are
used, as cdbs doesn't know that you are later going to load debhelper.mk

> PACKAGE_NAME = lockrun
Isn't the cdbs-provided var more than enough? or is it bogus?

> SOURCE_URI=http://www.unixwiz.net/tools/lockrun.c
Have you considered using debian/copyright's Original-Source-Location:
instead of hard-coding the uri twice? ;-)

> else
> CC=cc
> endif

Didn't you say
> make already defines one by default:
?
Just strip the 'else' and 'CC=cc' lines.

>         rm -f lockrun lockrun.1
better written as $(RM) lockrun lockrun.1
make's default $(RM) already sets -f.

>         rm -fr $(PACKAGE_DIRECTORY)
Like above, but also set -r, e.g. $(RM) -r ...

Your package still FTBFS twice in a row because of:
> sed -i "s/@version@/$(PACKAGE_VERSION)/" lockrun.c
not being reverted.

> Thanks,

Please fix those issues.

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.