how to build two differently configured binaries from the same source?

Hi *,

I am preparing a package for Yabause[1] and wondering what will be the
best practice for me.

Yabause has two frontends, one Qt and one Gtk. I would like to ship
both. Is there any recipe for debian/rules how to create two identical
packages but with one configure option changed?

Additionally the question comes up: should yabause-gtk and yabause-qt
conflict, at they both provide a yabause binary, or should I rename the
binarys to be able to install both GUIs side by side?

[1] http://yabause.org