Re: RFS: opus, uuwaf

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Bernat wrote:
>>> install  uuwaf?   If  they   want  to  configure   database  themselves,
>>> dbconfig-common will ask them about this.
>
>> The reason is that some other applications we have depend upon the
>> framework, but don't use the preferences system. For example, we have a
>> system that brokers exchanges between our systems and the university
>> infrastructure - via webservices, it has a very simple UI for testing
>> and debugging, but doesn't use the preferences system.
>
> Well, I  understand the purpose, but  from a Debian point  of view, this
> package is  useless and  should be merged.  I understand that  this will
> imply more work  for your internal work since you  will have to continue
> to maintain privately separate packages.
>
> Maybe someone  else may give another  point of view on  this problem, so
> you may want to wait a bit if you want to keep this package.

It's no problem for now, but the plan is that we will release our other
apps hopefully for inclusion into the archive, and it's really in
preparation for that. I can merge them in the meantime of course.

>>> Since you can break the webserver configuration by using Alias directive
>>> in  Apache configuration,  you should  leave it  commented. If  the user
>>> wants to respect your alias, he will uncomment it.

[..]

> Again,  I  will not  fight  against  this.  Most packages  keep  aliases
> commented in the  default installation but I don't see  this as a strong
> requirement. It  is unlikely  that you break  anything by  shadowing but
> just  note that  common practice  says  that Alias  should be  commented
> out. For example:
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=476162

Hmm, I do ship an example vhost file, and I'll give some thought as to
whether I can be more intelligent about this.

>>> You have a bogus postinst/postrm. It is better to remove them.
>
>> I do? Both scripts seem to do important stuff to me, no?
>
> debian/postinst and debian/postrm?

Oh, is this in the source itself you mean? I didn't see them appearing
in any of the .debs themselves.

Thanks again, getting through your list well here.

CT.