Re: RFS: greenwich (updated and adopted package)

On Fri, 02 May 2008 11:53:22 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> Hi David,

Hi Raphael,

> David Paleino wrote:
> >

> > The package appears to be lintian clean; I've added a lintian override for
>
> You forgot that :)
>
> $ licensecheck src/greenwich.pl
> src/greenwich.pl: GPL (v2 or later) (with incorrect FSF address)
> $ grep Version LICENSE
>                        Version 2, June 1991

Oops. I was basing my debian/copyright on the Perl license -- it seemed like
greenwich used that. Fixed, thanks.

> debian/control:
> > Build-Depends-Indep: libgnome2-perl, imagemagick, menu
>
> Is the menu dependency really needed? and the imagemagick one?

No, indeed. Fixed!

> debian/control:
> debian/rules:
>
> You have an incorrect dependency on debhelper:
> > dh_installmenu
> > dh_gconf
> > dh_lintian
> > make: dh_lintian: Command not found
> > make: *** [binary-indep] Error 127
> > pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package
>
> dh_lintian was introduced in debhelper (6.0.7), but you have a
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5).

Uh, right. Thanks for spotting this!

However, I remember lintian warning about wrong (i.e.
debhelper-script-needs-versioned-build-depends) debhelper dependency. Bug and
patch filed (see #479088) :)

(btw, now that I've removed debian/lintian-overrides, I removed dh_lintian as
well, so dh >= 5 seems just fine to me.)

> Please fix the above mentioned issues (tough there might be more).

It seems like it builds fine also on a sid chroot now (pdebuilder --pbuilder
cowbuilder)

Updated package at usual URI:

<http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/greenwich/greenwich_0.8.2-4.dsc>

Thanks,