Packaging without Makefile

Hello mentors,

I am just packaging my Pidgin Last.fm Plugin for Debian and am wondering how to get a .changes file. The problem is that the plugin consists of a single perl script which is copied to /usr/lib/pidgin. What I already did is:
But all I am left with is a .deb file - so nothing I could upload to mentors.debian.net or such. All guides I could find explain how to either build a source package or how to use dh_make - which needs a Makefile that compiles the sources. As I already mentioned, I don't have either of that.

So what is the correct way to build the package?

Best regards,
Nik

--
Hackerkey: v4sw3/4BCHJSUhw4+5ln3/4pr7OPck4ma2+3u7FLw3/4CTXm6+7l6+7DEGUi52ONetBeans/e2t5b7HOPen4+7a17s0MSr3p-1.75/-1.23g3AG (http://www.hackerkey.com)