Re: Removing .pl extension in files from a package using debhelper and CDBS.

Dear Neil, thank you for the fast answer !

Le Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 07:56:48AM +0100, Neil Williams a écrit :

> I would add the simple patchsys to that one - it makes it easier for
> people to do NMU's on your package at a later date, even if you don't
> use it yourself.
>
> include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk

Although it is a good idea, with the arrival of the source format '3.0
(quilt)' I will wait before deciding which way to go.

> > I would like to keep this file as simple as possible, but the programs
> > in the pacakge are perl scripts whose name finishe in .pl, so I have to
> > rename them at some point. My problem is that apparently,
> > configure/mage2tab:: or install/mage2tab:: are too early rules if I want
> > to rename after using dh_install: they are not in
> > $(CURDIR)/debian/mage2tab/usr/bin yet.
>
> Why not rename them before dh_install ? Are you running these scripts
> during the build?
>
> build/mage2tab::
> 	install -m 0755 path/foo.pl debian/mage2tab/usr/bin/foo

I was thinking that having half of the files installed by a CDBS rule
and the other half of them by dh_install was inelegant, but in the end
I will do as you suggested.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy