Re: RFS: teeworlds

Alexander Schmehl dijo [Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 06:24:36PM +0200]:
> > I still don't feel that it's DFSG-free, but if there are already
> > packages in the archive with similar clauses, ftpmasters will probably
> > consider it DFSG-free. It's OK for me, I don't consider it such a
> > serious issue as to arguing its inclusion in main, I was just curious
> > about whether it was considered free enough or not.
>
> Talked to Jörg Jaspert about that (you need to do something during work
> time, don't you?), and this clause is indeed free (since it's so
> ridiculous easy to circumvent^W fullfill).  So for the sake of gaming,
> bundle it with any kind of script, and be done with it.

But please try to make this world a saner place by talking about this
to the upstream author.

Even if he notices the license as a goofup and relicenses under a
non-free license... It's better for him to abandon a license with such
stupid claims.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23