FTP excuses for lprng dont make sense to me
I'm trying to work out what is going on with the lprng package.
Specifically why it is not getting into testing.
The excuses file says:
# lprng (- to 3.8.A~rc4-1)
* Maintainer: Craig Small
* 11 days old (needed 10 days)
* Ignoring high urgency setting for NEW package
* out of date on hppa: lprng (from 3.8.A~rc2-1)
* out of date on armel: lprng (from 3.8.A~rc2-1) (but armel isn't
* keeping up, so nevermind)
* lprng (source, i386, alpha, amd64, arm, hppa, ia64, mips, mipsel,
* powerpc, s390, sparc, armel) has new bugs!
* Updating lprng introduces new bugs: #462605
* Not considered
It looks like HPPA and Armel just take their sweet time so its not a
build problem, but a taking too long to get up-to-date problem.
Now, where is my previous version (3.8.A~rc2-1) gone? It's not like
lprng is new, its years old! since 1996.
Bug 462605 was fixed, not introduced, in 3.8.A~rc4-1.
So, what's going on here?
Craig Small GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE 95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/ csmall at : enc.com.au
http://www.debian.org/ Debian GNU/Linux, software should be Free