Re: FTP excuses for lprng dont make sense to me

On 30/03/2008, Craig Small wrote:
> It looks like HPPA and Armel just take their sweet time so its not a
> build problem, but a taking too long to get up-to-date problem.
>
> Now, where is my previous version (3.8.A~rc2-1) gone?

You uploaded …~rc4-1, and since …~rc2-1 was only in unstable, it got
replaced with the …~rc4-1 upload.

> It's not like lprng is new, its years old! since 1996.

NEW as in not in testing. See [1] from the PTS page [2].

 1. http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lprng/news/20080116T233918Z.html
 2. http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lprng.html

Nice to see some “ng” packages aging since '96. :p

> Bug 462605 was fixed, not introduced, in 3.8.A~rc4-1.

I believe it's due to your package not being built on every arch.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois