Re: RFS: pinot

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 00:46 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> David Paleino wrote:

> The package looks fine at first glance. The only issue I found is this
> in diff.gz:
>
> --- pinot-0.82.orig/IndexSearch/Google/libSearchGoogle_la-GAPIC.loT
> +++ pinot-0.82/IndexSearch/Google/libSearchGoogle_la-GAPIC.loT

loT files generally only appear after an interrupted / aborted build.
This can happen also if the first build enables an option
to ./configure, the code enabled by that option then fails and  a second
build disables the option. Alternatively, a patch somewhere else can
cause a similar effect by enabling code in one directory without
adjusting the clean target properly.

The .loT file is a generated file and really should not be created in a
patch - a proper build will overwrite it anyway.

--

Neil Williams