Re: RFS: pinot

David Paleino wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for "pinot".
>
> * Package name    : pinot
>   Version         : 0.82-1
>   Upstream Author : Fabrice Colin <fabricecolin@users.berlios.de> (and others)
> * URL             : http://pinot.berlios.de
> * License         : GPL, GPL-2+, LGPL-2+, LGPL-2.1
>   Section         : x11
>
> It builds this binary package:
> pinot      - search engine for local files based on Xapian
>
>  Pinot is a D-Bus service that crawls, indexes your documents and monitors
>  them for changes.
>  It also has a GTK-based user interface that enables to query the index built
>  by the service and your favourite Web engines, and display and analyze the
>  results.

pinot implements the Xesam [1] interface which imho is worth mentioning
in the long description (xesam hopefully will unify all the different
search engines, which will allow tighter desktop integration in the future)
Admittedly it's a techy term, but so is D-Bus service and GTK-based.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://xesam.org/main/XesamUsers , http://xesam.org/main
universe are pointed away from Earth?