Re: In which section should go this kernel patch package (tuxonice)?

Hello,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Mattia Oss wrote:
> This is what I thought! But when I searched in the debian archive I
> found:
> linux-patch-aufs:		Section: misc
> linux-patch-bootsplash:		Section: graphics
> linux-patch-debian-2.6.24:	Section: devel
> linux-patch-debianlogo:		Section: devel
> linux-patch-evms:		Section: admin
> linux-patch-gcov:		Section: devel
> linux-patch-openswan:		Section: net
> linux-patch-skas:		Section: devel

Interesting! It looks like my suggestion was not quite correct.

It is also strange that "bootsplash" is in graphics but "debianlogo"
is in "devel"!

So "admin" seems to be a reasonable section as well.

> This patch will be compatible only with linux-source, that is the
> kernel with Debian patches already applied.

That's nice. It means that one doesn't have to give up any of the
other Debian features to obtain this feature.

Regards,

Kapil.