Re: In which section should go this kernel patch package (tuxonice)?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:42:32 +0530
Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> wrote:

> At first glance this is likely to be more than one package. There is
> the kernel-patch which would be in devel, the hibernate script which
> would be in admin and the user-interface which could be in utils.

I'm trying to package only the kernel patch; the hibernate and
tuxonice-userui programs are already packaged in debian.

> This description would probably not be enough. For example, as you
> said in your mail it is an alternative to the in-kernel suspend which
> is part of the stock Debian kernels and the uswsusp which is the
> user-space suspend which depends on some in-kernel features (again
> stock Debian kernel features). Both of these could be described as
> "the Linux equivalent of Windows' hibernate functionality" (sic).

You are right, I copy-and-pasted from the homepage.
But honestly, the first time I read it, I understood what this package
was about. At least it's clear.
Should I change it?. This is what it's in the package description.
In the README.Debian I'll put all the features of this package.

> Another thing is that there is already a package called "hibernate"
> which may cause a conflict with the version you are planning to
> package. Perhaps you should co-ordinate with that maintainer.

I'm not trying to package the hibernate script; only the kernel patch
for debian linux source.
I talked with the hibernate package maintainer and he was so kind to
check my debian package.
One question was about in which section should this package go. And
here we go.
So it should be devel, right?

> That said, best wishes on your effort to package this functionality
> for Debian.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kapil.

Thank you very much,