Re: RFS: nettee

Hi Joel,

IANADD, anyways here are some comments about your sponsoring request
that might be useful.

First of all:

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 01:04:48AM -0300, Joel Franco wrote:
> It builds these binary packages:
> nettee     - a network "tee" program

It would be a good idea to include a long description of the package.
Because some DDs say that they won't even consider sponsoring packages,
if it is missing. Remember: Your RFS is your advertising of the work
you've done. Make it interesting for others.

> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nettee/nettee_0.1.8-3.dsc

Now to your package:

- debian/changelog
	General I'm not a fan of multiple changelog entries for one upload,
	but thats just my opinion. However you should note, that you need to
	build the package with dpkg-buildpackage -v 0.1.8 so that the other
	changelog entries get integrated. Otherwise the bug referenced in
	the first changelog entry (Initial release) will not be closed by
	the upload.

- debian/control
	- lacks a Homepage header to indicate the homepage. See [1]
	- Description is not very descriptive. See [2] for some tipps.

- debian/copyright
	- Some copyright holders are missing in that file
	- Its a good idea to include a "On Debian systems the license text
	  can be found.." notice to the license of the software, because the
	  link in the "packaging is licensed as following"-text looks like
	  it *is* for the packaging only on ordinary people IMHO.

- debian/dirs is useless. You can change the installation of the binary
  to be install -D -m755 nettee debian/nettee/usr/bin/nettee and
  remove both the file and dh_installdirs.

- debian/README.Debian: Hm. I'm unsure if the content is suited for
  README.Debian. Why? Because it seems like it has no documenting
  character, more beeing an advertising on how enthusiastic you are
  about the tool ;) I would like to hear other opinions about this,
  however.

- debian/rules:
	- configure and configure-stamp target is not required by
    the policy and you don't need it. so you could remove it.
	- you could probably consider adding generating optimized binaries
	  (e.g. -O2)? If you do, please also add support for
	  DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS [3]

- debian/watch is missing, but highly recommended. it enables tracking of
  new upstream versions via your QA page and even a mail notification if
  you want. See [4] for more information.

Thats it for now. Feel free to inform me if you did changes on your
package and I will have another look at it.

Best Regards,
Patrick

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/HomepageFieldHOWTO
[2]