Re: RFS: Thousand Parsec packages.

Michal Čihař wrote:
Hi

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:25:53 -0500
Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:

Could someone please review my thousand parsec packages on mentors? Upstream is begging me to get packages out there. I sent this to the games team a while back but received no response so I'm hoping someone on mentors will take pity on me. :-)

Do you know tool called lintian?

Know it well unfortunately.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libtpproto-py/libtpproto-py_0.2.2-1.dsc

$ lintian -I libtpproto-py_0.2.2-1_i386.changes I: libtpproto-py source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-all-dev
W: python-tp-netlib: new-package-should-close-itp-bug

- Some description what Thousand Parsec is in description would be nice.
- "Work in progress.." in changelog?
- No need to byte compile python modules, use --no-compile

It is a "work in progress" because I was asked by someone else to package these up. I have it tagged that way in the Games team SVN. I will add better descriptions and --no-compile, thanks.

<snip>
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tpclient-pywx/tpclient-pywx_0.2.2-1.dsc

$ lintian -I tpclient-pywx_0.2.2-1_i386.changes
E: tpclient-pywx_0.2.2-1_i386.changes: bad-distribution-in-changes-file
UNRELEASED
It's UNRELEASED because that is how we keep them in the games team SVN until they are tagged for release and I knew there were issues with the package.

W: tpclient-pywx: new-package-should-close-itp-bug

There are several packages to one RFP, how do I handle that appropriately? There is no 1 single package that would give a Thousand Parsec client.

- XS-Python-Version and debian/version IMHO should not be different
- debian/dirs is not needed

Gah, I thought I had removed the dirs files. I'll look at the XS-Python-Version issue. I'm also aware of all of the scripts not executable issues. I need to fix those.

On of the big things I need to know about are the copyright files. Upstream doesn't specify any years for Copyright that I can find.

Didn't get to copyright files at all for now ;-).

Thanks for looking at this.

Barry deFreese