Re: RFS: Thousand Parsec packages.

Ben Finney wrote:
Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> writes:

On of the big things I need to know about are the copyright files.
Upstream doesn't specify any years for Copyright that I can find.

Copyright notices are only valid if they contain all three of:

  * The word "Copyright" and/or the copyright symbol "©"
  * The year(s) the copyright began in the work
  * The name of the legal entity that holds the copyright

It's also highly preferable for the legal entity's contact information
(these days, a valid email address specifically for that entity) to
also be in the copyright notice.

An example of a valid copyright notice:

   Copyright © 2008 Ben Finney <ben+foo@benfinney.id.au>

You'll need to contact the upstream copyright holder to get the
information necessary. Ideally, they'll update the copyright notices
in the source to make them all valid and correct, and release those
changes to you; that way, you just copy the notices verbatim into the
'debian/copyright' file.

I thought so.  I've sent this off to upstream, thanks!

Barry deFreese