Re: RFS: ladr and prover9-manual (updated package)

    Peter> Dear mentors, I am looking for a sponsor for my packages
    Peter> "ladr" and "prover9-manual" (I am packaging the
    Peter> documentation separately because upstream distributes it in
    Peter> a separate tarball).

I am not even close to a DD, so don't get your hopes up, but maybe
some discussion helps.  I am tangentially interested in provers.

0) Both packages build in a sid pbuilder for me, hurrah!

1) lintian will now complain about standards version 3.7.2 as being
   old

2) I didn't really understand why you use
   cp -a bin/* debian/tmp/usr/bin

instead of dh_install or something.

   libtool --mode=install cp -a ladr/libladr.la   `pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/lib

also struck me as being a pretty opaque way to install a library.
Your milage may vary.

3) Your man pages could be improved. I guess you know that, since at
least you have stubs.  You might find the script help2man helpful,
 Something like
   help2man -h-help rewriter > rewriter.1
gets you a file that requires only light editing.

4) I think some simple examples in /usr/share/doc would be motivating
for someone trying the package out (in particular sponsors).

Yeah, well I wish I could complain about more lintian warnings, but
obviously you're aware of lintian :-)

David