Re: RFS: mustang, btk-core

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:

Upstream does not build shared libraries, so there is no need for it.

I learned that Debian users sooner or later ask for it (even if neither
upstream nor yourself thought there would be a need for it).  So at least
be prepared. :)

I have chosen not to build shared libraries, because I would have to choose a soname, and if upstream at some point decides to offer a shared library, we could be in trouble.

Choosing a low (0.0) soversion might be safe and if upstream decides to
offer a shared library you might send a patch that keeps you out of trouble.

Just a thought

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de