Re: RFS: gthumb (updated and adopted package)

David Paleino skrev:
Il giorno Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:02:58 +0100
David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Please don't upload it yet. I've just found out a minor issue during build:
after svn-buildpackage the sources are left modified. Looking at it right now.

Ok, I can't solve this, thus asking for help.

Upstream's tarball provides a file, src/GNOME_GThumb.h, which is dynamically
generated during the build. Now, it happens that this file, at the end of the
build, is different from the provided one, and $(MAKE) distclean deletes it.

Does it *need* to exist before you start the build, or is it a completely autogenerated file? If the latter, you shouldn't have to do anything at all. Let distclean wipe it, it'll result in a clean .diff.gz.

This gives a tarball different from the original one, thus having unmatching
md5sums.

If it's a non-native package, the orig tarball doesn't change. If you're making a new tarball after building, you're doing something wrong. Pretty much any attempt to create the exact same tarball more than once is doomed to fail, if only because the timestamp will be different.

(Just pitching in...)